Research and Development
Committed to innovation and technology leadership, we invest in research and development in the aim of providing extra benefits through cutting-edge expertise to our customers in all our endeavors. To this end, our R&D team of experienced specialists spanning multiple disciplines can rely on diverse resources:
- Advanced simulation tools such as, e.g., the finite element method (FEM), computational fluid dynamics (CFD), and 3D CAD software.
- A Technology Center providing the opportunity to run industrial-scale foundry and heat treatment equipment for prototype testing, model validation, or on behalf of customers seeking answers to specific questions.
- Cooperation with the Technical University of Aachen (RTHW) on basic research projects as part of our R&D activity.
- Cooperation with the Aachen University of Applied Sciences (FH Aachen) for practice-focused research pursued in the context of Bachelor's or Master's degree programs.
- Membership in, and regular contributions to, key industry networks and research clusters (e.g., AMAP, BDG, DGM, FOGI, VDMA).
- Further training in theory and practice, not least through regular work in customer facilities.
Thus, far from the "ivory tower of science", research and development is integral to our company's technical processes extending from sales to commissioning at the customer's site. R&D tasks are handled in accordance with project management rules and subject to the quality management systems to which Otto Junker GmbH is certified.