Tuesday, 12. February 2019
OTTO JUNKER Academy - Progress through knowledge
Dates and registration forms for 2019 online
Objectives of the OTTO JUNKER Academy
Employee skill standards for the planning, operation and maintenance of industrial furnaces in metallurgy have changed rapidly in recent years as processes grew in complexity and the design and execution of equipment became more challenging.
For personnel to stay abreast of today's demands the OTTO JUNKER Academy was established at the end of 2014 with the aim of conveying knowledge and experience in planning and upgrading as well as in the operation, maintenance and repair of industrial furnace equipment.
The seminars focus on cost effectiveness, reliability, energy efficiency and safety.
Using scale models, demonstration equipment and trial facilities, application-focused instruction is administered 'by practicians for practicians'.
The OTTO JUNKER Academy is aimed at serving managers and staff of the respective manufacturing, maintenance and investment planning departments. It is intended to provide both advanced training to proven employees and basic training to newly hired staff.
Advanced practical training
Given the technical and technological differences involved, our seminars are offered, in German and English, in two separate categories:
- Foundry Plants - melting and pouring equipment and
- Thermoprocessing Plants - heat treatment equipment
The courses are made up of separate modules which can be combined into an individualized training program. We will gladly provide recommendations regarding the allocation of the respective modules to staff members from the diverse disciplines such as investment planning, maintenance and repairs as well as operation.
All events are organized and carried out by OTTO JUNKER GmbH. The trainers are experienced experts from within our organization. Instructors from specific practical fields or from the academic sector may be called in as the need arises.
Successful course completion at the Academy will be attested by a certificate.
Registrations will be processed in the order in which they are received.
The closing date for registrations is four weeks before the start of each seminar. To register for a seminar, please use the attached form.
A written registration acknowledgement / invoice will be sent to you about two weeks before the start of the seminar. Along with this confirmation you will also receive the seminar details.
Participation is contingent on evidence of payment of the seminar fee.
Enrolment may be cancelled, with refund of the fee, until 10 days before the start of the seminar.
Attendance by a substitute in place of a registered participant is possible at any time.
The seminar fee is EUR 199.-- plus VAT per person and seminar, irrespective of the number of modules booked.
For organizational reasons, it is not possible to combine modules from the seminars on induction melting and thermoprocessing equipment.
Included in the attendance fee is the cost of meals during the seminar, seminar documentation, the attendance certificate as well as a dinner.
Participants needing hotel accommodation will find a number of recommendations at our website. Please note that room costs will be for your account and will be payable at the time of your departure from the hotel.
Since 2015, the OTTO JUNKER Academy hold seminars twice annually (spring / autumn) at the OTTO JUNKER GmbH site in Lammersdorf.
08 - 10 April 2019
09 - 10 April 2019
29 March 2019
07 - 09 October 2019
08 - 09 October 2019
27 September 2019
Modules for Foundry Plants
- Fundamentals of induction melting
- Physical fundamentals, coreless furnace and channel-type furnace
- Operating mode, application area and main components
- State of the art in induction furnace manufacturing
- Furnace mechanics and hydraulics
- Water recooling system including heat recovery
- Charge make-up and charging
- Crucible ejection, vacuum induction furnace
- Frequency converter technology including IGBT and power supply systems
- Innovative applications and crucible monitoring systems (OCP)
- Maintenance and operation
- Energy-efficiency melting and charging
- Risks with liquid melt
- Live melting
- Efficient work with an melting processor
- Repair training thyristor / IGBT
- Earth fault monitoring and crucible damage
Modules for Thermoprocessing Plants
- Fundamentals of heat transfer
- Heat treament methods
- Flow and heat transfer - Getting the heat into the charge
- Heating systems of heat treatment equipment: Cost and energy efficiency
- Natural gas burners I: Basics
- Natural gas burners II: Test rig demonstration of a practical example
- R&D at OTTO JUNKER GmbH
- Registration Form Foundry Equipment 2019PDF - 153.4 kB
- Registration Form Thermoprocessing Equipment 2019PDF - 135.0 kB
- Sandra Manthei
OTTO JUNKER GmbH+49 2473 601-233+49 2473 601-620Jaegerhausstr. 22
D - 52152 Simmerath-Lammersdorf